COMMON MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WHEN ANSWERING AGILE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
It is something you have waited for years, and your dreams have finally come true; you have been called for a job interview as an Agile manager. While the interview can determine whether you will get the job or not, it is heartbreaking that thousands and thousands of people have for years not taken this part seriously. The following are top mistakes people make when it comes to answering Agile interview questions.
NOT ASKING QUESTIONS
Your may be extremely brilliant when it comes to paper, but a number of organizations and companies will also appreciate if you ask a number of intelligent questions during the whole process. An Interview is normally a way information can be exchanged.
NOT UTILIZING OPPORTUNITIES YOU GET TO PROVE YOUR WORTH
Interviewers are very particular and they pay very close attention to what you have to say. Many at times, they will give you quality time to demonstrate if you are qualified for the task ahead, and failure to answer them they way they want can be quite disastrous. Make the most out of the interview. Show your capabilities and why you are right for the job. In short, keep the whole answering professional and try as much as possible to focus largely on your expertise and skills in the area.
DO NOT RAMBLE
At times, the interview environment can be a little bit tensed and it quite easy to ramble. Be courageous and your answers to the question should be direct, and on point. If you are not sure on what is being asked, it does not hurt to seek for some clarification for the panel.
NOT SHOWING ANY ENTHUSIASM
Many at times, that interview can be your first or even only chance to showcase your skills and capabilities in the field. Once you are set for the Agile interview questions, be extremely polite and upbeat. Besides, by bringing a little bit of enthusiasm into the whole interview, you cannot even start to imagine what you can net at the end. Do not be shy, but tell them what you have accomplished and how you can help the company as an Agile manager.
RUSHING INTO ANSWERING QUESTION
When answering Agile questions take your time; at no time should you rush into giving response to what is being asked. Take a few seconds to think about it before you give an answer. Not only will this give you time to compose yourself, it is just better than giving extremely quick response.
HERE ARE SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION; WHEN INTERVIEWING FOR AGILE METHODOLOGY JOB.
- How long were the iterations (or sprints) on the projects you worked on?
- Are you a Certified Scrum Master (CSM)? If so, how do you view the way Scrum projects need to be organized?
- In what does the agile testing (development) methodology differs from the other testing (development) methodologies?
- Can agile methodology be applied also in other than software testing and development projects?
- Are you able to name five main characteristics of agile methodology?
- Have you done continuous integration on a project before? Describe.
- Have you used story cards or use cases? Explain how that worked for the team.
- What project management tools were used on your project?
- Did people play multiple roles on your development team?